Friday, June 19, 2009

A Case of the Fridays....

This morning I was pretty excited to come to work and finish off the week. What I didn't plan for was the debacle I was going to get myself in. As usual, I started my morning by coming in and getting my computers on and printer started. At about 9am it was time for the work-start meeting. I came out into our meeting area and closed my office door behind me. The meeting was great, it seemed that all the hard work payed off, Friday was looking pretty chill. On my way back into my office I found my door was locked from the inside. Uhhhhh...... Oh yeah, by some fluke I had tapped the locking mechanism inwards and locked the door.... From the inside, where my computers are that run the printers, that keep me busy all day. For a second I thought I was going to get to go home. My fellow workers got on the phone to attempt to track down the key while I tried to take the door hardware apart. My carpentry skills would only get me so far... The door is interior but surprisingly has a lot of security. The key is with our boss who is on a cruise in Alaska and the previous owner who actually did have a key, was in California. Just when my co-workers thought we were calling the locksmith, my "Office Macguyver" skills came into play. I grabbed a ladder and crawled into the ceiling. From the ceiling I climbed over an ac duct and used a long stick to push the handle of my door and it swung open. My co-workers were pretty impressed, I was kind of mad that I had to get back to work.

2 comments: